Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shut down

SO. Last night I only got about 2.5 hours sleep.

No good story here. I went to bed at 11:00, woke up at 1:30 and could not shut my brain down. Sunday nights are usually a 4 hours night for me. This was weird.

I got to work at 7:45, full of energy. As the day progressed, I could feel discombobulation coming on, slowly, inching it's way into my brain.

Had a meeting at 11:00, during which I was finding it a tad bit difficult to focus.

Ate lunch at my desk while I worked - kept feeling sicker and sicker like I was going to throw up, but was still productive.

At about 1:30, it was pretty bad. I had to meet with Mid America Transplant Services to talk social media at 2:00, so I rallied.

When my coworker and I got there, the rep took us on a tour. I kept feeling lightheaded. Then she took us on a tour of the OR and labs downstairs. We got to see bone grafts. But I misheard and thought they were skin grafts. They looked like skin grafts.

My stomach was in no mood for what I thought I was seeing.

I started to get sweaty and felt faint. Trudged on.

The entire visit, which ended up being really productive and with the most pleasant people, lasted 1 1/2 hours, but felt like much less. ?? We got back to the office at 3:40, and decided to call it a day.

I went home, and proceeded to nap for 2.5 hours.

NAP. I NEVER nap after work. I never have. So this was serious tired, perhaps sickness.

Well, I just got up and feel a little better. Not 100%, as I still feel a little vomity, but I'm not longer dead tired.

It felt weird leaving so early, like I was cheating even though I worked an almost "full" day (minus 5 minutes).

I have a late class tonight, which I hope to get through and not get sick. At least I don't have to present. I'm taking crackers and Sprite with me, just in case.

1 comment:

MaggieJoon said...

=-\ feel better hun!