Sunday, September 6, 2009

About Me...

A few things I thought I'd share with the universe...

I love all things scary - haunted houses, Halloween, Ghost Hunters, scary movies. What freaks most people out, I say, bring it on.

I like to fish. Really, REALLY like to fish. Put me in a boat with a loaded pole, a cooler of frosty beverages and the sun, and I'm a happy girl.

I feel like I discover musicians before most everyone I know does. I liked The Kills, Cibo Matto and Modest Mouse long before they became commercial. So they belong to me.

8 times out of 10, when I walk or drive past a street light, it goes out. I am magnetic.

My superior sense of smell makes it difficult for me to live what I consider to be a normal life.

It's difficult for me to understand what most men say when conversing via cellphone. It all sounds like "whaa whaa whaaa", you know, Charlie Brown's teacher-speak. I guess it's the tonality or something???

I don't have addictions to any substance. Never have. But I do have an obsession with Jimmy Stewart.

I go a little crazy-happy every autumn. The cool weather, smell of the leaves and burning wood, makes me gladly loopy. It's during this time I'm primed for big crushes and falling a little in love.

Some days I'm 5'7 1/2, some days I'm 5'8 1/2. And yes, I stand up straight every time. No shoes, no socks, no idea.

I'm a woman's woman. And I'm a man's woman. I don't put one sex on a pedestal over another - equality for all. Unless you're a jerk - man or woman, no points for you.

I think Denis Leary, Brendan Fraser, Illeana Douglas and Kelly McDonald are all highly underrated performers.

When I get stressed, running my hands under a faucet of ice-cold water calms me down. It's freeing in a weird way.

A fair-weather friend is a contradiction, and I have no time for contradictions.

Naked man ankles make me cringe. You know, like when men wear deck shoes/loafers and no socks? Cover it up, boys.

I have no desire to be a daredevil. Hang-gliding, sky-diving, white water rafting and motorcycle riding are not on any of my To-Do lists. However, I would like to drive an Indy car, go up in a hot-air balloon, and watch my brother perform surgery someday.

I think that athletes of certain professions should be paid a higher salary than others, and I base this on skill and the potential for injury. In order, highest to lowest, are:

- Hockey (major skill and mad-fast, icy danger)
- Football (major danger and skill)
- Basketball (mostly skill, some danger)
- Golf (skill only, 0 danger factor)
- Baseball (some skill, minor danger)

I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays. I love sleeping in, the Sunday morning NPR programs, and early afternoons, but after 5:00 I get that "tomorrow's a school day" feeling and with every hour that goes by, I get closer to having to be a responsible citizen.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Yeah, and on Labor Day weekend, Monday feels like a Sunday. You so well describe that Sunday evening feeling. . .

Kristin said...

Cliff, I took Tuesday off, so my Wednesday feels like Monday. I wonder if tomorrow will feel like Tuesday, or Wednesday?