Thursday, August 27, 2009

Re-cycle

I was on the way home from class tonight and heard a George Thoroughgood song on the radio (which station, I can't be sure).

This got me thinking about the song he did that was included in Streets of Fire, one of my favorite movies.

I blogged about this movie earlier this year - one of my first posts.

It's now in my DVD player and I'm going to let it lull me to sleep. This weekend I'm going to dig out "Ladies And Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains" and it will be watched at some point.

Ah. Memories. And Diane Lane.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

The "Delaware Destroyer". Saw him open for the Stones in Philly at JFK Stadium in 1981. Started at 11 a.m. and did a searing set. Next was Journey and then the Stones. Everybody loved Thorogood because it was his hood. But then they wanted the Stones and they booed Journey off the stage at the height of their fame.