Sunday, September 19, 2010

I embrace

the curveballs life throws my way, and am glad to be able to have the wherewithal to attempt to catch them.

This past week was an interesting one on many levels. New connections, reconnections, missed connections. Had good girl talk on Saturday night, laughed at the barbies, got hit on twice and had to be told about it...I am astute when it comes to my student's issues, but apparently I can't tell a question from a pick-up.

Saw K, it had been many years but seemed like no time had passed at all. Easily fell back into old habits which was fine by me. Looking forward to seeing what happens next. Smiley faces on my calendar. A girl can hope.

I'm finding as I study for my exit exam that I know more than I thought I did, which makes me feel better but will not sway me from my study habits. Can't be overconfident about this. It's gonna be a doozy, no matter how much I think I know.

After having a good convo with Mary, I am more settled in my decision about B. You can't force something that's not there & I knew this a month ago but halfway hoped for more. Missed my opportunity to end it this weekend, so will have to wait until he's back from VA on Friday. Meh - I hate being the breaker. BUT, not as much as the breakee.

I started running again after five weeks off, and it was good to get back at it. Since my Nike's were wearing down, I picked up some new kicks. Avia's - haven't run with this brand before, so far so good. 3 miles tonight, no pain. I've also recruited a couple friends to do the Frostbite series with me. I did it back in 2005, good (cold) times.



I also received my Keens Friday at work. $20 and supa comfy. Gotta love 6pm.com



October 9th cannot get here soon enough. Test will be over and my internship will be winding down so I can finally get down with my favorite time of year. Lot's on the agenda.

And I think Florence is in - warmer in December, better food.

Life is good.

No comments: