Monday, February 8, 2010

New Favorites

I meant to post this yesterday, but just got busy NOT watching the Superbowl.

As the months creep by, every day I am attempting to live in the moment while planning for the future. Difficult to do for most people, but as I'm a Gemini, the duality is natural for me. I savor the little things when I remember to, revel in the minor moments, and deepen my connections with the world around me.

In doing so, I've found that I can't limit my favorites to one in each category, i.e., one favorite song or one favorite food. So, I am creating a major list of favorites based on randomness - my favorite song for a Sunday night, or my favorite food at Ventana.

Because I've incorporated randomness into my faves list, it's seeing tremendous growth. See below:

Favorite song for a pre-snowy Sunday night: The Church "Under The Milky Way"

Favorite February cold weather comfort food: Tomato bisque

Favorite hot drink from Thanksgiving through March: Chai Tea Latte

Favorite comfy brunch: Nadoz

Favorite hangover brunch: City Diner

Favorite dirty brunch: Soulard Coffee Garden

Favorite new cookie from Aunt Debby: orange with regular frosting

Favorite zombie movie 2010: Zombieland

Favorite weekend shoes: Purple Chucks

Favorite new clothing store: Skif on The Hill

Favorite new T: Vintage "Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute"

Favorite new album of 2010 (so far): Spoon "Transference"

Favorite Fountain On Locust drink: Chocolate covered banana martini

Favorite sleepwear: Oversized T (this hasn't changed in 20-something years)

Favorite weekend movie to sleep on the couch by: Shawshank Redemption

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thx for the plug! Glad you like the Chocolate Covered Banana martini. Be sure to check out twitter feed. We'll be posting a coupon for a free ice-cream martini soon! (http://twitter.com/Fountain_Locust) Come see us soon!
-The Fountain on Locust