Tuesday, February 9, 2010

40 Days of Winter

Sometimes, rarely but it happens, I get a hankering for lo mein.

Tonight was one of those nights.

I stopped by my local China hut and got some lo to go from crooked finger.

Tastiness.

The mailbox was generous tonight. Waiting for me was 500 Days of Summer. It's not as good as I remember it to be. I think it's one of those theater-good movies. You know the ones - it's the experience of seeing it at the theater, an actual night out, that makes it better.

What I think the real problem is, this movie needs different leads. I think John Cusack and Ally Sheedy circa 1988 would have done the characters justice.

Interesting day at work - I didn't get done everything I had hoped to accomplish, but yet learned a lot. Not a bad day after all.

The first 40 days of 2010 have been fraught with endings - some of my own doing, some smacked me like I needed a V8. The ones I instigated were a long time coming, cathartic to enact, and healthy. The ones that weren't within my control are actually healthy also, but it took some time for the bruised ego to heal. And that, dear readers, is my lackluster attempt at forming a positive outlook on a collective bummer of situations.

No comments: