Monday, March 15, 2010

Movies

It's Monday and I'm still mourning the loss of one-half of the Coreys.

Saw a shiteous movie this weekend. As many of you know, I'm a sucker for horror movies - I'll see anything once.

Rented "Cabin Fever 2 - Spring Fever". THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE.

Seriously. Worse than those really bad 70's horror flicks where you can barely see anything because it's shot with the worst lighting ever.

Worse than Ishtar. Worse than Showgirls. Worse than any friend's vacation videos - yes, it's that bad.

I liked the original. Eli Roth did a nice job representing the genre. He obviously was no way involved with the sequel.

Tripe. Terrible special effects. Maybe it was a rural student film made by halfwits?

I also saw "Alice In Wonderland" by Tim Burton. Bah. Not a favorite. Good special effects (much better than Cabin Fever...hehe), but Johnny Depp drove me insane. I know he was playing a character, but it wasn't a new one - it's like he molded a few of his previous characters, plus threw in Mel Gibson's Braveheart performance (and accent) in when he needed it. Discombobulated and disconnected. Yes, he played a Mad Hatter, but it was too disjointed of a performance.

Here's the trailer for CF2 - I dare you to waste the money...

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Showgirls isn't bad. It's awesome. I have the deluxe box set dvd.

Kristin said...

I'm guessing it's the T&A that makes it awesome, and not so much the acting/story?

Jeff said...

Well naked chicks always make things better. But the movie is awesome because it is so bad. The box set comes with shot glasses, a drinking game and a ton of other shit. They relish in their own silliness.