Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sell outs?

So one of my favorite bands, The Heavy, apparently leased their song to be used for a Kia Sorento car commercial.

It's an interesting concept - toys imagine themselves being bad-asses while listening to "How You Like Me Now?". The red nubby toy looks like a dildo with personality. I love how the sock monkey gets a stitched-on tattoo. Rad.

However, it's kind of ruined the song for me. Why? Because I have my own scenario that plays in my head when I hear the song.

Now my scenario is invaded by backseat renegade toys. That is not cool. And no, I can't control it - I try not to think about it, but the sock monkey keeps popping up in my ultra-cool personal scenario.

Don't get me wrong - I dig me some sock monkey. But on my own time. Yeah, I have control issues...

Here's the Kia spot, below that the Heavy Letterman appearance.



No comments: