Monday, May 10, 2010

Lofty goals

I started training for the Lewis & Clark on May 1st. Half-marathon. I will never do a full marathon - it's just not something I want to do. But a half - that's doable. I know my limits.

So I'm up to 3 miles per run. It's not a fast run, but it gets me there. I'm not hating it like I used to, so that's an unexpected joy. I haven't been running very much lately due to end-of-semester tasks and finals, but after this week I can ramp it up a bit.

I have 4 1/2 more months to train. Looking forward to those long, hot runs in FP this summer. No, really.

I'd like to do a tri this summer, but the only one close and open is in New Town in July - a little too soon for my taste. I haven't been swimming near enough to get that under my belt.

My other goal is to reward myself, post run, with a little trip. Well, a long trip. Destinations are being toyed with. Reservations will be made in the next couple months.

Okay, back to studying. Woo.

No comments: