Monday, June 8, 2009

Seriously, for a Monday....


...it was a helluva day. And on a Monday, too. Can you beat that?

That's me, above, being happy...

It was a really good day. I am surprised at how good I feel, about life in general.

Work was enjoyable. Uh huh!

Class let out early. Yeah!

I heard a U2 cover by Elbow on the way home. Right on!

And I am now home in my jammies, getting ready to unwind by reading my latest Forbes while listening to some Rilo Kiley (thanks again, KMac) and playing some wayward catch with my dog Oliver.

Am I just too damn cheery for ya? Well, tough shit. Yeah, I have my bad days. I had a whole string of them earlier this year. So when I have a good day, darn tootin' I'm going to shout it to the rafters.

Bring on the happy!!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Nice to see someone appreciating the good times. Often we can bitch when things are down but don't appreciate it when it is good. That Elbow is an interesting band. I heard some of their stuff on World Cafe. If you like Rilo Kiley, check out a dude named Benji Hughes. He toured some with Jenny Lewis in Europe last fall and is on the same label. He is out of Charlotte and his stuff is on itunes "A Love Extreme"--one of the funkiest most unique records I have heard in awhile. I have some vids of him on my youtube www.youtube.com/nosyfieldstone. Alright, peace.