Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wow, this weather

Our professor let us out early from class, as we are having the "storm of the century" or something to that affect.

Driving home (from Belleville) I saw some amazing lightening. Straight streaks that shot horizontally right in front of me. Large, almost perfectly formed bolts from sky to sidewalk. The sky was continually lit up, and the cloud formations beyond the lightening were swirly and angry looking.

It reminded me of that round crystal-ball thing that has streaks of light and causes your hair to static up and stand on end if you touch it. But much larger...natch.

I love thunderstorms. Love them. They're great fodder for snuggling under blankets, the imminent danger is such a turn on.

On a side note, this particular professor is an odd duck. Every class he's attempted to bond with the class over a joke that involves saying the wrong thing to a rapist. He has worked in the prison system counseling sexual offenders, hard core fellers that really can never be on the streets again. I'm guessing that's where his warped sense of humor comes from - he's been hanging with this lot for so long, he's lost touch some with the sane masses.

It's not my favorite class.

Well....guess I'll be going....need to find a blanket to snuggle under.

No comments: