Friday, July 31, 2009

Well, shoot....

Went to the optometrist today.

Blurry vision in my left eye.

Farsighted.

Ordered glasses.

Suck. Suck. Suck.

I needed a shoulder to cry on. Someone who would understand, sympethize, make me feel better.

So I called my very sweet, sensitive brother and unloaded the most awesome news.

This is how the conversation went...

I said, "I just ordered my glasses."

He said, "Did you get to pick out your cane, too?"

I answered, "No, but my walker is hot pink with tennis balls on the feet."

And he replied, "When does the catheter arrive?"

And I retorted, "No catheter, but my IV is running nicely."

He came back with, "How many cats do you have now?"

I threw it back with, "Five, and they attack the pink flamingo in my front yard."

He responded with, "You're old now."

And I finished with, "Fuck you."

And he giggled.

Our conversations would do a Judd Apatow movie proud.

This is how I hope my glasses make me look...ha.

No comments: