Thursday, July 9, 2009

Toot Toot

It's my Adoption Day today.

I would have completely forgotten it, had it not been for my Aunt Deb.

I got home from class late last night, and found a nice surprise in my mailbox. Giftcards to two of my favorite stores, and a sweet card.

Thanks Deb & Family! Made my night...

I was born on May 27th, and adopted on July 9th. Just a wee babe. The story goes, I started out with red hair, but it fell out and was replaced with golden locks that were curly and unruly. A year and three months later, my brother came along the natural way. We both have blonde hair, green eyes and are about the same height. It worked out fine.

My family threw me a party to tell me I was adopted. I don't remember how old I was, but it was around the age that Barbies were very important to me, so the news wasn't earth shattering - it was just another day I got presents. Smart.

My family is great - I'm lucky they chose me. I often wonder what farm I'd be stuck on had they not come along and picked me out of the cabbage patch.

So, now this Cabbage Patch kid has a couple of coolio giftcards to spend this weekend on something educational, entertaining and stylish. Doesn't get any better!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

A friend of mine many years ago adopted a baby girl from China. I always told him that when she misbehaves he has the best threat ever. "If you don't listen, I'm sending you back to China!" Luckily he thinks it's funny.

DoeHands said...

nice story, k!

ps- my verification word is "scrom"...sounds like a abBROviation for "scrimmage" or the act of scrimmaging.

I like this making up words game.

Kristin said...

Thanks HLD - Scrom makes me think of an abbreviated term for "scrotum", as in, "His scrom was hanging so low it got caught on his toenails".

Scrom. Love it.

DoeHands said...

that's fucking hilarious.

DoeHands said...

Woah, just when I thought it couldn't get any better...I just had to tell you about this one:

sluckint.

deal with that.