Friday, July 10, 2009

Found and probably needs a home


Some friends and I went to Newstead Public House tonight. While were were standing by my car looking at my scraped-up tire (yup), and we saw a little ball of dirty white fur come around the corner.

It was a Shih Tzu. Or quite possibly a Shih-Poo, as it's hair had some poodle-wave to it. Either way, cute as the dickens.

My friend crouched down and called it over. The dog nearly ran into her arms.

He is dirty, good teeth, about as big as oliver, and a boy. No collar, and looked very worse for the wear. I don't think he's had a home for awhile.

Oliver is getting his shots (overdue) tomorrow, so there was no way I was taking the stray home tonight. So my friends took him home. They called me from the car on the way home, and said that he was giving them lots of love. Just like Oliver does.

We're going to put a posting on CL, and will let the shelters know about him, but if no one claims him I thought I'd post to see if anyone is looking for a near-perfect dog. Shih Tzu's are such a wonderful breed of dog, great in apartments/lofts, good-natured, loyal, clean (they DON'T SHED!) and happy.

The picture is close to what he looks like.

***UPDATE***

The owner has been found, my friends are just waiting for him to pick up the dog.

No comments: