Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pain In The Ass


I have one. Literally.

My back is feeling fine (thanks in part to my new inversion table and adjustments), but I have this ache in my left cheek when I bend straight over or to the left.

I did some research, and talked to my friend the Ironman, and what we've come up with is it's my piriformis muscle. Maybe I've been overcompensating to make sure my back stays pain-free, and I've probably not stretched enough before my runs.

Either way, it's annoying. Not really painful, but it could be if I get in a position that aggrevates it.

One of the treatments is deep tissue massage. Oh yeah. Bring on the "assage". Ha.

My brother the doctor is out of town, but I'll ask him what he thinks when he gets back. Until then, stretch, stretch, stretch.

No comments: