Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fans, friends, fickle, fun



What started out to be a great day took a very weird turn, and then did a 180 and ended on very good note...musical to be exact.

I got a prescription filled yesterday and, through some mixup (pharmacy or doc, they are pointing fingers at the moment), it was for a much higher dosage than what's normal. This left me feeling very ill for the better part of the afternoon. Will teach me to read the bottle prior to partaking.

After rallying later on in the day, I got together with my friend Jarrett, who is one of the first friends I made at the university 20 years ago (yup, I am that old) and we took in Japandroids at OB. He is a wealth of musical knowledge, so attending any rock concert with him is a veritable history lesson in all things rock. He compared last night's Japandroids to many bands I'd not even heard of, but then I also clued him into Starmarket, so I feel I did contribute to the conversation some.

We didn't stick around for the Walkmen, as neither of us are huge fans. Got home early, was awakened by some rather scandalous drunk/bored texting (have yet to confirm which) just past the midnight hour, and got up early to run my mood out at my favorite gym. Even got my favorite treadmill - score.

Got my good friend to sign up for the Girls on the Run event in FP on 11/13. One of my best friends is getting married that afternoon, so it will be a crazy day. Pack it in...that's how I roll.

This weekend looks to be interesting. Pueblo Solis on Friday, last big push with my internship & the Mizzou game on Saturday, Sunday is recovery and family time.

Life continues to surprise, disappoint, and thrill (as do people). Lessons are learned on a daily basis. Doing my best to keep it all in perspective.

No comments: