Monday, October 11, 2010

I need an hourglass remedy


Never in my life have I felt that time is escaping me so surreptiously. Slipping, POURING from between my fingers like sand and I'm powerless to stop it. So many clocks are ticking away - biological, mortality, the one on my iPhone.

If I could be granted any magical power at this moment, it would be to stop time. Oh, and also to go back in time.

School rules this feeling - a certain technicality of this internship is becoming the bain of my social life and sanity. It's not the therapy - I like meeting with my students. It's the damn driving to Illinois. I spend over an hour and a half every day but Friday on the road and it's beginning to piss me off. It's pissing my car off as well.

My individual counseling ends the week of 10/25, which will provide me with Wed and Thurs nights free and Sundays. However, then we'll be running group through the month of October on Monday nights and Saturday afternoons.

I only have 8 weeks left. It doesn't seem like much, but in reality it feels like forever.

As of December I will have over two weeks worth of vacation to use. I am trying to decide whether to use some of it right after I graduate or wait until sometime in the spring.

Decisions.

No comments: