Monday, October 11, 2010

I might just be done

I understand most men all too well. And I say most, because there are the exceptions out there. I've met them, and sadly I've let them go. (sound of banging head against the wall)

I think what it comes down to is, just how much a woman is willing to put up with.

Ambiguity? No. Drunk texting at 1:00 in the morning? Ah, no. Calling me "baby" and "sweetie" when we've only been out once? WTF no. And let's not forget the very warm welcome followed by the less-than goodbye. Nope. Never again.

Fucking ridiculous.

And no, I'm not going to switch teams - I have friends who are lesbians, and they are just as messed up as men are. Same problems, different mechanics.

Everyone is messed up, to a point, me included. We've all got hang-ups/turn-offs/deal breakers.

So it really DOES come down to what are you willing to overlook, forgive, and accept.

I don't think I should lower my standards or expectations. Life is short. I have friends who've found their imperfect, tolerable soulmates. Mine is out there. I know it.

Guess I'll just keep looking. But in the meantime, best to close up shop for awhile and refuel. I wasted enough effort and time. Fuck it. I'd rather clean out my fridge.

Maybe I should just go to church. Or move to Denmark.

I'm out.

No comments: