Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holidaze

Spinning was a wasteland today. Only two psycholists. Guess the holiday rush is getting to some people.

Is the rush getting to me? Nope - there are a couple things I still need to purchase, and I'll get 'er done. No worries.

I love this time of year. Speed up, slow down, crazy times and people. Lots to enjoy and look forward to.

These are a few selective things I look forward to during the holiday season:

- watching "It's A Wonderful Life" a katrillion times. This year, it's a Blu Ray experience. Yeah!

- Christmas Eve noshing: my aunt puts on a warm, inviting, highly-caloric spread that begs the plates to be licked clean.

- playing multitudes of board/card games. Newest one is Scrabble Slap, which had us all in tears on Sunday night. "Wait! Wait!" (had to, Mom)

- playing the annual piano duets with my cousins on the Baby Grand.

- giftcards. Plain and simple.

- getting together with friends, new/old/constant.

- sleeping in. I now do this whenever I can. Because it's a delight I didn't rediscover until just recently (thank you, P).

- ice skating

- cookies, cookies everywhere. Whee!!!!!!

- frufru coffee. I usually don't drink coffee, but this time of year I will hit up Starbucks or Companion once a week for some holiday cheer in a cup. Chai Tea or dark roast with cream and sugar, depending on my mood.

No comments: