Tuesday, December 1, 2009


So I've been trying to take a certain trip for years.

It all stems from my adoration/obsession of all things Jimmy Stewart.

Yes, obsession. Clinically, most people cannot recall when their obsessions began, but can list all of the reasons why they are obsessed. This I can do, but won't bore you with the details. In short, Jimmy Stewart is the perfect man.

His hometown of Indiana, Pennsylvania has a museum with all sorts of really cool tchotchkies related to the man and his life. Jimmy would probably be slightly amused with folks purchasing the random keychains and collectors plates adorned with his lovable mug, but hey, it's a way to make a living and keep the dream alive.

The coolest thing about this museum is that it even has a movie theater that plays his films. Seriously. How cool is that, right??

It is a goal of mine to someday visit this sacred town and view "It's A Wonderful Life" during the holiday season. And walk by his childhood home, and into the hardware store his father used to own. Humble beginnings...

I probably won't make it there this year, so I'm aiming for 2010.

In any case, I've got most of his movies lined up for viewing once my semester ends which is next week. I've already seen IAWL over Thanksgiving, courtesy of my aunt Debby. Next on the list is "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington", another heartwarming tale.

That said, I'm ready for a good snowy day so that I can cuddle up and get cozy with Jimmy.

Let the obsession begin.

No comments: