Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis the season for strife

Got my blood pressure and blood sugar checked. Both were outstanding.

Whew. And I say whew because it's the time of year that could really affect both of those things.

Extra stress due to holidays, school, job, family, friends, etc. High blood sugar due to holiday parties, baked treats, happy hours and such.

That said, I am going to remove what stress I can from my life, which are the areas I have control over. This includes crap intake relating to food and life in general. I can only control what I do, and not the reactions from others. Moving forward in a positive and productive way is the best that I can do. All I can hope is that my actions are received as such, and no ulterior motives are suspected.

Cheer and joy to all - and best of luck navigating the season pitfalls for the next few weeks. I feel your pain.

No comments: