Friday, June 4, 2010

I still can't add...



I had a meeting with my co-intern during lunch today to plan the next 6-8 weeks, which is the summer semester.

I feel like someone stuck a hot poker in my brain. I thought I had grasped the amount of hours I'd be working this summer. Apparently, I fell short in my calculations (not surprising).

Two classes, group counseling and individual counseling internship hours (where I'm the counselor), seminars, webinars, reading, progress notes, and certification in trauma. All of this equals a bazillion hours. In 6-8 weeks.

To put it all down on paper, and to see how much "me" time (close to none) I'll actually have from 6/7 - 7/23 is kind of making me physically ill.

I'm training for a half marathon, and don't want to give that up. My weekend long runs won't be a problem, but during the week is where I'll have issues. That said, I'm seriously thinking about quitting the Y for the summer and signing up with the 24-hour fitness place close to home. Since I'm not doing any sprint triathlons, I've no need for a pool at the moment. Unless I feel the need to drown myself, at which point I'll just find the nearest drainage ditch. I kid.

I'll need to come up with a dawn-to-dusk schedule this weekend so that I can make sure I don't over-extend myself and stick to my training. And try to put some "me" time in there. I'm determined to still have a social life.

No comments: