Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ahhhh

Fantastic weekend. Celebrated my birthday Thurs-Mon with friends and family. Had some much-needed downtime, uptime, and in-between time.

This is my last week before I start my 8-week summer internship. I am supposed to put in 300 hours - 120 hours of direct counseling, and 180 hours of advisor meetings, charting, seminars, extracurricular education, reading and webinars. This breaks down to 37.5 hours per week. Hmm. So, I think I'll get at least 7 hours of counseling done in a week, and can probably do the 22 hours per week of non-counseling items. Breaking it down to 2 hours M-F and then 10 hours Sa/Su. It's only for 8 weeks, it can be done. Whatever I don't get done will get picked up in the Fall.

So, where does this leave me in terms of a social life?

Right where I want to be - I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Tonight I'll be at the Red Lion. Tomorrow at Schlafly. Thursday is Llywelyns, Friday is a concert, and Saturday the botanical garden and Sasha's. Sunday is recovery, but am open to whatever comes my way.

No comments: