Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Stuff




If any of you read Vanity Fair, you may be familiar with the "My Stuff" section. This section is where a famous person of some sort (philanthropist, musician, designer, stylist, writer) is profiled. Their "stuff" consists of personal products like toothpaste, soap, sheets, jeans, lipstick and the like.

9 out of 10 times the toothpaste is Tom's of Maine, the moisturizer is Keihls, the shampoo is Bumble and Bumble, the sheets are Givan, and the jeans are 7 For All Mankind. Pricey and pretentious. Rarely do you see anything you can purchase at Target. I will spend more on moisturizer (good skin is important), but sheets and such just wear well. And yes, you get what you pay for, but I'm not paying $45 for mascara. Come on!

So I thought I'd put together a list of "My Stuff" for fun:

Where Do I Live - St. Louis, The Hill
Art - Artemisia Gentileschi, my own creations
Sheets - 300-thread count organic (Macy's), T-shirt (Target), Beata Blom (Ikea)
Coffee Maker - None, if I want coffee I'll buy it
Stationary - ??? Email, silly
Flower - Stargazer lily for fragrance, Gerber daisy for looks
Neighborhood Restaurant (dinner) - Mangia, Modesto, Newstead Tower Public House
Brunch - Jimmy's or Nadoz
Late Night fare - City Diner
Lunch - Drunken Fish, The Vine, Gokul
Neighborhood Bar - Red Lion, Sasha's, Hideaway
Cocktail - Vodka Tonic
Wine - 2006 Chimney Rock Cabernet
Spirit - Glenfiddich 30 Year
Dessert - Creme Brulee or Bread Pudding
Coffee - None, I like Chai tea
Lipstick - The Gloss by Benefit (Streakin')
Hair Product - Pravana straightening balm or curl enhancer (depending on the mood)
Perfume - L'Eau d'Issey, Escape by Calvin Klein, or Calyx by Prescriptives
Toothpaste - Crest
Soap - Lever, I like to smell clean, not like flowers or fruit
Stylist - Erin Slankard at Bouffant Daddy
Tattooist - Luke at Allstar, Matt at Trader Bobs
Vet - Dr. Hooks, Big Bend Vet Clinic
Dog - Oliver Scootch McFadyen the giant Shih Tzu
Kicks - Nike, Converse, Simple, Vans, Etnies, Puma
Day Bag - Fossil, Coach, vintage or NYC Chinatown Prada knock-off
Evening Bag - Um, same as above
Bike - Fuji road, Cannondale mountain
Sport Team - Kansas Jayhawks (B-Ball)
Destination - Ashland OR, Monterey CA, Breckenridge CO, NYC baby
Hotel - The Alex (NYC), Hotel Palomar (San Fran), Westin (STL)
Tourist Attraction - Ellis Island

No comments: