Monday, June 7, 2010

Running on, in mind and body

I'm now up to 4 miles every morning. Surprisingly, I am not hating it. Well, hating the humidity, but I'm fairly sure this weather has contributed to my svelte figure - making gravy (sweating) is a sure-fire way to keep lean and mean.

This half-marathon training is providing the welcome solace I need to work through certain logistical challenges I'm currently experiencing. Yesterday, in the less-than 45 minutes it took me to finish, I reached a small breakthrough re: a past and current relationship and why aspects of one worked for me and the other is not. Probably the best 45 minutes I've spent in a long while.

Not too worried about speed at this point - working on my endurance level now, speed training will come late July/early August. Perfect timing, as this is when the summer semester ends and I can kick the training up a notch or two. Or three.

Completed my work/school/training schedule in handy-dandy Excel and the clouds rolled in. Over the next 6 weeks I'll only have 9 free hours (a week!) between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m., including weekends. Free hours would include things like laundry....cleaning.....fun....whatever. My good friends are already rallying to help me keep my sanity - I appreciate these gestures more than they'll ever know. And I will be taking them up on their offers.

These are a few of the songs that keep me moving...





No comments: