Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I cried in my soup last night


I did. It was pathetic.

My pity party continues. And I'd really like to get off this broke-down, maudlin bus of sorrow and get back to feeling fine and happy.

I'm pretty sure where these emotions are coming from, but I'm about sick of feeling so down-in-the-dumps, especially with all of the good things going on in my life, and in the lives of my friends and family.

Yeah, I've got one marriage under my belt, so it's not like I'm some wizened, old spinster who has a predilection for cats, rosewater and wearing black.

And yeah, I've been engaged since my divorce, so it's not like there wasn't an opportunity. It just wasn't the right one.

But now I REALLY feel like I'm lagging.

Not only is Prince William getting married, but now I find out Jessica Simpson is too.

;-)

I kid, I kid.

But with two of my best friends heading down the aisle soon, and two coworkers recently engaged and another recently married, it seems that the universe is pointing a finger at me & laughing.

I think my issue is too much transition. I'm very good with transitions - I'm super resilient, I bounce back quickly, I motor on.

But with school coming to an end, the debate about going on for a PhD, and all of the changes in my social circle, it a little much.

Oh, and I haven't had a real vacation in over a year. THAT is looming oh-so-largely.

Running, spinning and swimming are helping, for sure. But I need more.

What it comes down to is, I need a break. A real break. A fun break.

I need to celebrate my accomplishment. I need me time.

I need Europe. Or some slope action. Or big tree time.

And so I'll plan...

No comments: