Monday, November 1, 2010

Supa Dupa Weekend

Jeff, Ethan, Mom

GREAT weekend.

Friday night was supposed to start at Riddles, but it was closed for two weeks. ???

So we walked down to Ginger Bistro, this new chinese restaurant where the old Blockbuster used to be.

In a word, delish.

I ordered the Spicy Coconut Curry Chicken, my date got the Basil Chicken. And here's where it got weird. And nice.

Our dinners come out, both in these ceramic pots. Interesting. I take the lid off of mine, and am looking at what I think is beef stew. It smells terrific, but I am trying to stay away from red meat, so hail the waitress and ask her what the dealio is.

She said it didn't look like chicken, apologized profusely, and took it back with a promise of the right dish in five minutes. No big deal, I assured her, it was cool.

About a minute goes by, and the waitress is back with the same dish.

Turns out, it's authentically prepared, sauteed for a long time in traditional curry (brown), and it's actually the right dish.

Okay, fine. No worries. I proceed to eat it, and it was damn good.

Then the owner comes over, this 60-something Asian lady who introduces herself as Jennifer and starts to tell the story of how the dish came to be. It was an interesting story (I'll save you the deets).

She came back to the table a couple times during dinner to check, chat a bit, and ask if we needed anything. The attention was very sweet, as was she.

They gave us two free desserts for the mixup, and ended up taking my dish off of the final bill.

Outstanding.

So I simply must recommend this restaurant. It was a tasty, quick, affordable and personable experience.

Afterwards went to the Market Pub, which was kinda gross. I don't recommend that place.

Saturday I ran in CC Park with Ash, then had a yummy quiche brunch at my mom's house, then got ready for Cin's Halloween party. I had no clue what I was going to be, so I teased my hair, drew on a fake mole, broke out the hooker lipstick, threw on my biker jacket and called myself Stephanie from Grease 2. It was a hoot.



Sunday I met with a client bright and early, then ran a million errands, took a much-needed nap, and headed out to Lake St. Louis for my cousin's Halloween extravaganza. I had a lot of baby time - Ethan is getting so big, he's just so fun to watch. A very good-natured baby, always looking at the pretty colors and in constant, twitchy motion. And a little spit-upy.

No comments: