Monday, February 16, 2009

Burned In My Brain...


I just heard the neighbors hittin' it. Hard.

Wanna know how? Because it sounded like someone was attempting to break on through to the other side.

I thought this loft was pretty darn soundproof. Guess not.

Grody.

I wouldn't normally say anything negative about getting a little "sumpin' sumpin'". It's healthy (as a former friend used to say, quite often). Outstanding.

But dear me, if you knew my neighbors, you might even use more colorful language.

They're not nice people. They're weird. They have a monster dog that they cannot control that wants to eat my dog. And they're not pleasant to look at (toothpaste, anyone?). Truth? They're like trolls out of a Grimm fairy tale. Swear.

So, the knocking, accompanied by the high-decibal verbalization that somehow permeated the plaster dividing our living spaces, has left an imprint on my psyche that I'm attempting to expel.

At this point, I see two options. I either retaliate in kind, or hit the bottle.

Looks like I'm out of vodka.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One person's annoying distraction is another person's ear against wall! :)

Eammon Azizi said...

I'm interested to hear how you retaliated.

DoeHands said...

I hate my upstairs neighbors for the same thing. My landlords cured the problem I had with our shared laundry system...but they can never cure the awkwardness of the fact that their bedroom is directly above mine.

I can't decide if I'd be embarrassed or feel like 'what goes around comes around' if they've ever heard anything going on in my own bedroom.

Pass that bottle on.