Friday, February 6, 2009

Survivalist Book Club


One of my favorite books, Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales, is a fabulous non-fiction suvivalist tome which apparently has some new and worthy competition.

I just discovered what looks to be a great read, The Survivors Club, recently published. It's touted as sharing with the reader "the secrets and science that could save your life".

These types of books fascinate me. While I hope never to be in a situation where I'll need to take any of their advice, it's good to have the knowledge that could tip the scales in the direction of life, rather than death, if need be.

Some final recommendations would be The Children's Blizzard, by David Laskin, and Everyday Survival, also by Laurence Gonzales.

Good stuff to read when you're stuck inside on a bad-weather day.

No comments: