Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dilemmas, whine poetic, happenstance


Just some random thoughts, leaning towards the non-positive or neutral arena:

- I like my long hair, unless I have to dry it. Then it becomes the mane/bane of my existence. Big whine. Cut it off, you say - right....

- The Rams suck, but I'm still waiting to hear about whether I have tickets to this Sunday's game. Yes, I want to go - even though they'll probably lose, there's nothing like watching sports live. Whine.

- This weekend is my OFFICIAL FUN FALL WEEKEND. This includes the winery, photography, pumpkin picking and football (see item #2). This weekend is the last really outdoor-fun weekend until after the holidays because of non-fun commitments and really cold weather, and is also a celebration of me kicking ass on my midterms. However, I think I feel a cold coming on. There might be a dilemma in the making...

- Since I have somewhat perfected the art of sleeping in on Sundays, this makes Mondays and Tuesdays very difficult. I am not sure what the remedy is here - it's really putting a damper on my a.m. workouts...give up a little slice of heaven, or fight through the blur. Substantial dilemma.

- I like bananas. And I like coconut. But when you put them together in a drink it tastes like suntan lotion. Not really a dilemma, more of a whine.
Plus, the packaging is inviting, making it difficult not to partake.

- I heard the nastiest rumor - Lou Reed may be retiring from playing out live. Since seeing him live is #2 on my dirtnap list, this is a great dilemma.

- I am supposed to see "Paranormal Activity" on Friday night. This movie looks realistically scary. My dilemma? Reschedule for a matinee? When I see a scary movie during the afternoon I enjoy it just as much as if I'd seen it at night, and by the time night rolls around I'm not really scared anymore.

- I was listening to messages on my iPhone, miss-tapped and accidentally called a friend from my address book. When I realized my mistake I believe he had picked up already but I was too slow to stop myself from hanging up. He called back immediately, I apologized, he laughed, and we had a nice quick talk. Since he was just catching a flight back to St. Louis, we will officially catch up tonight. Random happenstance, in the best way.


Enjoy...

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Cut your hair. it can always grow back.

The Rams will lose. No question about that.

I plan to t=see that movie on Sunday.

Kristin said...

Yeah, maybe.

The Rams will lose, but I will be watching the loss from a sweet seat.

I've decided to suck it up and see Paranormal on Fri night. Sleep be damned.