Thursday, October 29, 2009

X's

X's - what can you say about them?

There are some I like, others not so much.

I like the band X.

I like some X-rated movies.

I like XXX Siglo Treinta Tequila.

Some X's show up out of the blue and when that happens, sometimes it's difficult to determine whether you are pleased, bothered, or indifferent.

An X of mine sent me an email last night, with a very nice apology attached.

Nice, right?

Well, it was, but kind of weird also. I haven't seen this X in a good, long while, and things did not go well during the break up.

I'm guessing he is going through some sort of "reach out and make amends" type of life crises, and if that's the case, I'm all for it.

I accepted the apology, but did not inquire as to how he was doing, but did wish him well.

Why didn't I invite him back into my life or open up the lines of communication?

I've concluded that there are people I've know in my life that I've known for a reason - and it's not a life-long reason. Our friendship/relationship served it's purpose, and we're better off at this point recalling the good times but not making any new ones.

There are also times in my life at which I've not been at my best, and certain people I've known during that time I cannot remain friends with, because they remind me of my shortcomings/faults/mistakes/digressions. And also, because they stood by and watched me in my chaos and didn't reach out to help or offer advice. I guess I can't really call these people friends, as a friend would help pull your head out of your ass during these times.

And I know this because I have friends who have had the distinct honor of pulling my head out of my ass.

So, X's are called that for a reason - if they could transition to a "friend" than they would be called just that.

1 comment:

MaggieJoon said...

I agree! Everytime I think about a certain one of my exes it only reminds me of how much of a stupid little girl I was when I was younger...who wants that?! lol...I say ignore 'em.