Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend in review


It was a busy weekend. Fun? Some of it.

If you read my former post, you'll know that I went to see "Paranormal Activity" on Friday night. Very decent. Wings and frosty beverages post-movie made it easier to sleep.

Saturday I woke up super crabby. No, it's not PMS per se, more like a 24-hour bug. I am super pissy for about a day - I don't want to see anyone, or talk to anyone, and god help you if you get in my way on that day. So I had some plans that day and could not back out (they were my plans) so I sucked it up as best I could and plowed through.

Went to the Boathouse for some wine, fire, and photos.

Then went out to my grammy's house for spider duty (thankfully all but three very large ones that resemble the Empire Strikes Back Walkers and felt the doom of my shoe soles).

Returned to Starbucks to exchance my crap in a cup for the Chai Tea Latte that I had originally ordered. They were nice about it but damn, can't a girl catch a break?

Stopped off to run a couple errands in the county as the city has little to offer in the ways of actual stores.

Got home, exhauseted and sick of seeing people, and settled in to my cozy home. Lit some candles, set up my DVR to record some spook shows, and got a call to meet friends down at El Borracho. Shit. Well, it's around the corner from my house, how could I say no? It ended up being fun because I was drinking the best margarita's in a 6 block radius from my house and the music was loud and fiesty.

Sunday my brother came over and we walked the 15 blocks to the dome to see the Rams suck it. We left in the first part of the 4th quarter to hightail it over to Thips for some Thai food, then went Walmarting and headed back to the crib.

Sunday night was delicious - all coziness and comfort, a nice end to a 50/50 weekend.

Monday morning was a completely different story...stay tuned...

No comments: