Monday, October 26, 2009

Suhprise Suhprise Suhprise!


So, I got up extra early today so that I could use the gym downstairs and lift so that when I got to my Y, I could just spin and come home.

I got up at 4:15, dressed for the gym, hooked up the pooch and walked him to the elevator. Huh - the elevator was already in use. Wierd. It was so early, I didn't think anyone got up at that time but me.

Oh well, whatever. So I wait for the elevator to pass my floor and go up to 6, whoever was on it got off at their stop, and then the elevator came back down to me on 5.

OMGIATU.

As the elevator doors opened, the smell hit me first. And it hit Oliver also, because he would NOT go into the elevator, I had to pick him up and hold him (which I would have done because of what was on the floor).

Two rather large STEAMING piles of poo.

Dog poo. (I think)

Seriously.

So I help my breath the 5 floors it took to get to the lobby, ran out, pottied the boy, and got back into the shitbox for a quick ride up to my floor.

I then, fed the boy, and left about 2 minutes later to hit the gym.

The poo was still there.

Really? I mean, come on.

So I go down to the gym, work out, and head out to my car at 5:00 so that I can make it to spinning.

I get back from the gym at 6:30.

Yup. It's still a poo factory in the elevator.

WTH.

So I go upstairs, get ready for work, and take the boy out one last time.

The poo is now gone, but it still stinks. I don't believe the culprit's owner(s) did anything but pick it up - no dissinfecting, nothing to mask the smell.

I ran into the maintenance man who was just getting to work and let him know about the situation. After running Oliver up to the loft and taking my final trip down in the elevator, I noticed the nice fragrance of Mr. Clean.

Thank you, Maintenance Man.

And to the owner's of the dog who couldn't hold it (and I know who they are, there are not many people in my building and only one resident on 6 who owns a dog), I say...

...karma is a bitch.

No comments: