Friday, October 16, 2009

We interrupt this program...

My midterm went swimmingly, but my presentation hit a speedbump.

I was on a roll. Doing well. I was feeling pretty darn good, considering I had written the three page presentation and prepared in less than 2 hours (because I plum forgot).

And then....my prof interrupts me.

I answered her question, but COULD NOT recover.

What the dell?

I am not bad at presentations - I just don't like them. But this was a new development - not being able to pick up where I left off.

I guess the interruption was so jarring, it rattled my brain but good. Enough to make me lose my place, and skip DIRECTLY to the conclusion.

I walked back to my seat and proceeded to beat myself up (and my prof a bit) in my head for the next hour.

I guess it showed on my face, because my professor came over after class and apologized and told me what a great presentation it was. She interrupted me because she had missed something I said earlier about the psychosocial level, and she needed that information in order to grade the rest of the presentation.

It happens. I felt a little better after the apology, but not much. Actually cried tears of frustration all the way home.

I woke up at 11:30 last night to my phone dinging me, telling me I had an email. I checked it out, and it was another apology from my professor. Not needed at this point, but it was nice to get.

I feel better today, but at some point I need to review how I got so discombobulated and figure out a way to prevent that from happening again.

No comments: