Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tude

Yo beeches...I'm back.

Have been so bogged down as of late, but that's not really a viable excuse for not writing. I've found time to see some good movies, some really bad movies, and some really, really good bad movies. And shop. And hang with friends. And check out new music.

So, I've basically been a slagger (blog slacker).

That said, here are a few morsels to get me going again.

- went shopping last weekend with my friend Cin. We started off by having lunch at Cooperella in Maplewood (delish), and then hit up a few boutiques on the main Manchester drag. We spent a good 10 minutes perusing the jewelry section of a tiny little shop (no, not Femme, but close). I found a little necklace that was Cin's style, she loved it, and even better, loved the price tag ($4). Now, most of the jewelry was around $35-$75, but there were some clearance items so we had every right to assume that the necklace was priced correctly.

Sadly this was not the case, as we found out when Cin was checking out.

But what was even more sad was the ATTITUDE (capitalized because it was total 'tude) that was spewed in Cin's direction when she went to pay for the necklace. The exchange goes something like this...

Stuck-up Shop Owner (SUSO): "Are you ready to go?"

Cin: "Yes, I'll take this."

SUSO: "Alright." (Takes the necklace, fumbles around for the price tag, keys it in, looks puzzled. Frowns.)

SUSO: "Honey? Can you come over here for a minute? Something doesn't look right." (She calls over her daughter, who works at/owns the store...daughter walks over, stares at the tag)

Daughter of SUSO (DOSUSO): "Oh, I marked it wrong. Ha ha." (ditz)

SUSO: (Turning to my friend Cin) "You do know this is $40, right? Nothing from this designer would ever sell below $40." (SAID WITH COMPLETE ATTITUDE)

Cin: "Um, know, I didn't know it was $40, because it's marked as $4."

SUSO: "Well, would you still like it?"

Cin: "Well, no. Not if it's $40."

In my opinion, they should have cut her a deal. The necklace wasn't expert craftmanship, it was more kitchsy than anything - not worth $40 in my opinion. But to speak to Cin like that, as if she should have KNOWN that it was $40. Seriously. I will not be shopping there again.

I am surprised they are still in business. I was in the shop 3 weeks ago with a different friend, and I didn't see that much inventory had moved since then.

No comments: