Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Midterm purgatory


This is where I live at the moment.

Yes, it's by choice. And yes, I'm glad I have the opportunity to further my education.

But I just want to lay in my toasty bed of flannel sheets (thanks again mom), fluffy pillows and fantastic down comforter and watch a movie - preferably something spooky/funny, such as Evil Dead 2 or Horror House (one of the worst British 1960's horror movies ever made...so bad it's good).

But, I cannot partake in the loveliness that is my bed, as I am relegated to this computer until my essays are completed.

However, I will be a happy girl come Monday at 10:00, as this will end my stay in purgatory and I can move on to preparing for my weekend of wine, woodland creatures and win-free Rams.

Oh, and of late, I have embraced the art of sleeping in. I am getting really, really good at it. Double-digit good. I figure I deserve lazy Sunday mornings, especially after getting up at 4:30 a.m. during the week.

Word to ya mother.

5 comments:

DoeHands said...

I need to get BAD at sleeping in, I excel at it too well.

woah I dare you to come up with a definition for this one:
immumse

Kristin said...

Ha - get a dog, that will help get you bad at sleeping in.

My class sucked - I was in the middle of my presentation, the prof interrupted me, and I could not get back on track. Really threw me. Dammit.

Okay, let's see...immumse: to be in an everpresent state of bliss

Used in a sentence: "Post-coital, she was immumsed into a stupor."

How is that? lol

DoeHands said...

I'm just glad that you managed to work post-coital into the usage haha!!!

Untsca, the new one, just makes me think of my uncles

DoeHands said...

ps i think you already know that I am not responsible enough to have a pooch, maybe later in life and with different landlords. I think chilton and brakhage would not be too happy with a pup in the house,

Sorry about yr presentation- I bet you are normally really good at them when you're on your game, we gems really benefit from our mercury influence in all matters of communication...well most.

New word mobsest

Kristin said...

Untsca - sounds like an acronym for some Eastern European bath house organization for crusty oldies.

Mobsest - it's when the mob touches you inappropriately. Guido cops a feel. :-)

Yeah, presentations aren't very difficult for me, but man, don't interrupt or I crash.