Monday, November 23, 2009

Fail


So much for me getting back to "regular" blogging...

In my defense, I was out of town M-W, and then catching up on life Th/F, and then had family come to town this weekend.

A couple of rants:

1. Why is it some folks think that they are suddenly experts on something?. Umm, I can say I'm an expert pilot until I actually get in the cockpit and log my miles.

2. A negative response is better than silence (on the phone). Seriously, man up and at least grunt - even if you are completely in the dark about the topic, when the conversation is between two people on the phone, have the courtesy to at least say, "I'm not really familiar with that". Simple as that. You can even say, "That really doesn't interest me". Fine, point taken. Silence is ignorant. So tempted to just hang up, but I usually offer a quick "Oops, gotta go now" before dropping the line.

3. Ritalin. Adderall. Try it. You might like it.

4. Road rage. I cannot shake it. I will invest in the first drug company that is working on a pill I can take for this. I don't think I am a danger to anyone by myself, but that's enough, right?

5. Negative people who don't use their filters. We all have a filter - learn how to use it. If you can drive a car, read out loud and remember to set your alarm clock, you have the mental capacity to engage your filter.

Okay, 5 is enough. Now for some raves.

1. Gingerbread cookies this time of year make me ridiculously happy. They are like cocaine (I can only imagine, as I have never partaken in the white devil) - if I could snort them, I would.

2. Mangia. Thank you for going above and beyond, every time I walk in your door.

3. My good friend M. She understands. And that's all she needs to say to make me feel less sad/angry/confused.

4. My cousin Mandy (aka Hutmacher) is preggers. It was a surprise to all involved, especially the happy couple who were doing everything in their power to prevent such a thing. It's been 22 years since there has been a baby in the family (Mandy's sister Albo) so it's long overdue. Congrats to Mandy and Joe!

5. Rick Springfield on "Californication". He looks amazing for being 60 years young. However, he'd better think about stopping in St. Louis before the shine wears off and we realize he's really an old soft-rocker.

All for now - look for my list of crazy Christmas music in the next post (I promise I won't wait another week).

1 comment:

Springfieldmaniac Sarah said...

Rick Springfield
Rickman Auditorium
Arnold, MO
September 12, 2009