Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend, so far

Saw the movie 2012. There are a few more special-effects extravaganza moments that you don't see in the trailer, but not many. It's an okay story, but the only reason I really wanted to go was John Cusack. And that desire was fullfilled.

On Saturday went car shopping with my brother - I turned him on to Audi's a couple weeks back, and he bought my dream car. A4 Quattro, black/black/titanium. I got to drive it home for him - the only reason I got out of the car was because of hunger, had I not I would still be camped out in the heaven that is the front seat.

Was up at 4:30 this morning - it was probably the lingering Audi excitement from the day before. Have been doing a lot of clean-up of my in-boxes. I have four Yahoo email addresses, one is my primary, another is my primary spam addy, and the other two are back ups.

I found a few interesting emails during my clean-up. I had posted a while back how phenomenal I thought El Borracho was/is, and the owner emailed me after finding my blog post and invited me to join him in a pitcher of margaritas. Social media working as it should - love it. And love El Borracho. Will be going there soon to imbibe with BJ. How cool is that??

Found another email from a blog owner on which I had posted a comment requesting that we keep up the convo off-blog. I will be taking him up on this.

And found yet another from a long-ago friend reaching out to re-establish our lost connection. Right on - have already written back, can't wait to see where this goes.

Speaking of lost connections, I recently reached out to a couple former friends to see how they are - hoping to hear something back someday. I knew them at a time in my life when I lost my head and followed my heart down the wrong path, but I am hoping those friendships can transcend such decisions. We'll see...

Today I am packing for my Seattle trip - cannot wait. Haven't been there since 2005, and will be hitting Marrakesh on Monday and the Girls concert on Tuesday night.



No comments: