Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can I just tell you...

...how excited I am about 2010?

First, to have a job these days is a blessing. To have a job you love - it's a f*cking miracle. Yup, I feel that strongly about it I am willing to swear.

Second, third, and fourth - to have the most amazing friends, family and love in my life is beyond words. Again - completely amazing. Oh, and my dog IS the best dog in the entire universe.

I've already made some good plans for the year, but I'm not going to share them just yet - I feel like if I say them out loud they might not come true, like birthday cake candle wishes. So as soon as one of these plans becomes a reality, I will share. And at that point, I'll probably spill it all.

At this point, my music library is growing leaps, and I am loving what this year has brought me so far. What I'm grooving to right this minute is:

Taken By Trees
The Magnetic Fields
Polysics
David Bazan
Cold Cave
Spoon - Transference (delivers in the best way)

AND, I've already got my "favorites" list started, and it goes a little....like....this:

Pen - Uni-ball 207 LTD

Workout DVD - 30 Day Shred w/Jillian and P90X (tie)

iPhone App - Shazam (tags music from radios and TV and tells you the artis and song)

Gallery - White Flag Projects (anticipatory) & Sheldon (solid)

Comedy - Modern Family: every character induces gut-busting laughter, not to mention Al Bundy.

Family Outing - Outback Steakhouse when we pretended my aunt Deb was from Norway because she couldn't talk due to having a rough intibation during a medical procedure. The waitress didn't know we were joking and that was the funny part. Plus, we started to make up new Norweigan words, and started calling my aunt Helga.

Lazy Sunday Brunch - Nadoz (so far - this could change as we try different locations)

Homemade juice - pear/red grape/celery/plum

That's it so far. More to come.

No comments: