Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dream Factory

On Tuesday night, before going to bed, I got this incredible surge of hunger. I try not to eat past 7:00 pm, because I don't like to sleep knowing there's mildly-digested food in my tummy...gross, right? However, I gave into the hunger and sliced up a rather humungous orange.

The result?

-I was up until 2:00 a.m.
-My dreams were crazy-scary
-I was slap-happy most of the day on Wednesday

My dream that night could have been an actual horror movie, circa 1979. It took place in a large dirty city (Detroit?), and the plot focused on a serial killer who slashed the throats of college-aged women who had Dorothy Hamill's hairstyle and all called their grandmothers "Grassy". And yes, I've tried to analyze my dream to no avail - Grassy? Whatever.

It was very vivid, and the plot was complex - the vice squad replaced a detective on the case (who OD'd) by an younger-looking couple who pretended to be college students in order to trap the killer.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish the dream, so I don't know the end. Thinking about having an orange late Friday night before I turn in to see if I can pick up where I left off. Doubtful, but worth a try.

No comments: