Friday, January 22, 2010

Raining Goodness All Over Me

So I had an interesting week. Not too out of the ordinary, but small revelations, acceptance of the unchangeable, and letting go to let flow. More contemplation than usual, which is a good thing in this, the beginning of a new year.

One phrase that came to mind more than once was "I want the world to rain goodness over me". It sounds like a refreshing concept, right? Being showered with the positive, drenched in the sublime. However, I believe that to receive such a gift requires a willingness to "cleanse" oneself of the negative.

This is starting to sound all unicorns and rainbows...okay, Kristin, reel in the fruity and ground yoself. I will say, though, that sometimes I lay in bed and get all metaphysical and wonder why time is moving so fast and if we're all particles why can't my hand go through a door. Random how-does-the-universe work kinda thoughts. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this...

So far, it's been a good experience. I'll be doing more contemplating to see how I can switch this new mindset up from time to time. Let loose. Hug a tree...for real.

No comments: