Monday, January 25, 2010

Some Kinda Love

In one of my recent posts, I quote the great and powerful Yoda about committing to doing rather than trying. This year, so far, has been taken up with more planning and less doing.

I am okay with this, however, because planning is the legwork prior to doing. I am taking a new route with certain areas of my life. Rather than a "skin of my teeth" approach, I will be mapping out my vision quests.

I just spent the last hour walking through the plan for tomorrow's live-donor kidney transplant that I get to help film. I am over the moon excited - not just about filming parts of it, but also getting to witness something so amazing. Did I mention how much I love my job?

The new semester starts tomorrow, and as I am almost finished with school, it's the beginning of the end. So this week is jam-packed, and I am ready for it all.

I've not had time to listen to any music yet today, so I just turned on some Velvet Underground to get me going. "Some Kinda Love" live at Max's Kansas City....

Lay it on me, Lou...lay it on me.......................

yeah.

No comments: