Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nightmare




I'm trying to remember if I ate anything close to bedtime last night - I don't think I did. I had the craziest nightmare, and I'm attempting to decode it. It's got to have some meaning. Maybe someone out there can help:

- I was a contestant on one of those Fear Factor shows, and I was doing the "swim underwater the length of a looong pipe and stop occasionally for air" challenge. I have this fear of being underwater and not being able to breathe, so there's no way in HELL I would agree to do this. THEN, when I finish, one of the producers runs up to me and says that they were monitering my brain waves during the challenge, and it looks like I have epilepsy and am disqualified. So my efforts were all for naught!!!

- After every contestant was out of the water, we received news that another contestant, who happened to be my friend John, suffered a head trauma and died. WTF?

- Crying, I walk back to my "Fear Factor post-challenge bungalow", and my friend Candace is there. I hear a noise, open the front door, and see that the moon is crazy-close to the earth, like I can touch it, and it's really loud and looks to be on a collision course with my little patch of green. It's like a bad Bruce Willis or Will Smith movie. I start screaming, grab Candace, and we go into the basement and hide under the stairs. All the while, I'm convinced I'm really going to die, and that aliens will be coming shortly for us. It's terrifying.

- THEN....John (alive and well but with a huge bloody scar that runs the circumfrence of his head) and some other friends of mine show up in fur coats with all of these shopping bags, and they apparently have been shopping on other PLANETS. My friend tries to spray me with perfume, of which I'm convinced is poison from the aliens, and she's chasing me around the shack while I scream for my life.

So, what can this all mean? I felt as if I was going to die in my dream - I don't believe I've ever had this feeling, in real life or dreams before so I'm really shaken up. I thought of aliens twice. Planetary collisions. Fear Factor. Dead friend. Fur coats and evil perfume.

I'm too scared to go back to bed without figuring out why I had such a nightmare. Because you know sometimes you get dropped right back into the dream where you left off. Can't let that happen....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh friend, that's a ripe wicked dream. I think you should screw the lid a bit tighter on the Jameson and get some new perfume. I'm not sure what to do about the bungalow - perhaps a quick trip to Jamaica will cure up right quick. Now, get some sleep!

-Mich

Jeff said...

Maybe you two should get together.

MaggieJoon said...

Wow...just the tube of water without breathing would make me freak out. Have you been watching a lot of sci-fi or something?

Eammon Azizi said...

Maybe you weren't really dreaming after all?

Kristin said...

Nope, no sci-fi. But I'll tell ya what - I am staying up as long as I can tonight....