Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stupidity (one hot mess)


Around noon today, I was on Skinker on the far south end of the park, right by the Hi-Pointe. The few cars in front of me braked suddenly, and then slowly started to proceed again. I looked ahead to see what the problem was, and I saw a car was on fire in the far right lane (closest to the park).

Surreal. The car looked to be a gold/tan older sedan. There were flames coming from two places - under the hood and under the vehicle (a little less than what's depicted in the photo I attached, which isn't the actual car but an example). Moderate flames, reaching fairly high.


As I drove slowly past, giving the car as wide a berth as possible without getting into the lane of oncoming traffic, I thought to myself, "I wonder if it will explode?".

Der. Der, der, der.

Good thing I drove so slowly and close to it.

My only excuse for this tremendous stupidity is being from ND - I'm well equipped for a cold emergency, but not a hot mess.

Jeez Louise.

No comments: