Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What stinks?

My sense of smell is one of the keenest around, sometimes a curse, sometimes a blessing. And of late it's been a curse.

For the past few days, I've noticed a certain smell in the downtown/midtown areas of St. Louis. Like junkyard-dog-rotten-breath-landfill-poo.

At first I thought my friend's dog had thrown up in my backseat unbeknownst to me. Nope, not the case.

Then I thought I had dog doo on the bottom of my shoe. Lifted, checked...nothing there.

Today I read in on the STL Today website
that I'm not the only person to suspect there's something rotten in Denmark.

There are many refineries and sewage plants in close proximity to St. Louis, and they are claiming the odor is not of their doing.

The St. Louis Fire Department says that the air is safe, and they hope the smell goes away soon. Wha?????

How do they know it's safe if the source cannot be determined? That's the laziest cop-out I've heard in years. Nice job investigating. Idiots.

So, the odor is still there, but less so. But enough to make me wonder if we've all breathed in enough to make us sick, sometime down the line.

Guess time will tell.

No comments: