Saturday, May 2, 2009

Breaking Bread (Pudding)


It was an interesting night - my ex fiance, Tom, who happens to be one of my best friends, took me out for a beer and some Schlafly's bread pudding. There was a very decent country band playing, and while I'm not a huge fan of pickin', they played all original songs save for a "Wild Horses" cover, and they were good. Kind of set the mood for good conversation.

I'm not friends with any of my ex's - not that I have that many, but I wasn't able to (or in some cases wanted to) salvage any kind of relationship post-breakup. And perhaps that's for the better.

With Tom, things are different. I believe that we were meant to be friends - probably should have only been just friends, but that's neither here nor there. And yeah, we've had our rough patches as we've worked on our frienship - but we've managed to get through them, and have a unique, supportive and fun relationship. He's a very cool guy.

It was good to catch up and be happy for one another. Doing so over the city's best bread pudding makes for a great night.

Oh, and by the way, the picture attached looks EXACTLY like the bread pudding we had a Schlafly. Which is weird, because the last time I had it (around 2001) it was much more rich, with a darker, rummier sauce. I have to say I miss the original...

No comments: