Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Hate Sunday Nights

As long as I can remember, Sunday nights are the worst. Absolute worst.

I think my hatred of Sunday nights started in grade school. I had to have my homework done, and since I always wait until the last minute, I usually had to scramble to get it finished. Or I had to pick out my clothes for the next day. Or I had to get to bed early, but it was still technically the weekend, and it didn't make any sense.

For awhile, in my late 20's, I tried to switch up that feeling by going out on Sunday nights, either to concerts or dancing. It was fun, but I really paid for it on Monday morning, and it took a couple days to catch up on sleep, and by then it was Wednesday. Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot to get out of hard labor, but then you have to limp for awhile.

It hits me around 6:00. I get the anxiety, did I get everything done, why did I laze about when I could have been cleaning, etc.?

And it never fails that I have a hard time getting to sleep at a normal hour on Sunday nights, so Monday workouts are a real chore. I'm usually all sleepy, crusty eyed and clumsy, so you could say I'm a danger to myself should free weights be involved (or swimming laps).

I would implore anyone reading this blog to share any remedy you might have in helping me to overcome my Sunday night blues. I'll consider anything - be creative. I'll give it a try.

As far as a weekend playlist goes, I am really digging Crocodiles. I also downloaded some music from Across The Universe, which I saw for the first time this weekend - very entertaining. I am not really into musicals, save for Sweeney Todd or Moulin Rouge, but I am a sucker for all things Beatles, and I thought it was an original way to tell the story of some of their songs.

4 comments:

MaggieJoon said...

I totally have that problem too. I tried drinking a whole bottle of wine one Sunday, but that's not very good come Monday. The best thing that I have found is to find a Sunday night show you can look forward to watching...I like Celebrity Apprentice. That way you aren't dreading Sunday nights - you have a high point to look forward to!

Kristin said...

Ha...an entire bottle of wine would definitely make for a long Monday. Maybe I'll find a Sunday night show...perhaps "Daisy of Love"? Kidding!

DoeHands said...

I like adult swim on sundays but I don't know what time you go to bed. I also like Breaking Bad but there are only 4 episodes left of that, so I don't want to get you hooked on something that is going to go away so soon.

Kristin said...

Is Breaking Bad ending completely or will there be a new season? I'm okay with getting hooked on something new - I'm so over Lost and Grey's, and since the Closer and Damages is over, I'm looking for something gritty. Thanks for the suggestion.