Sunday, May 31, 2009

Unplugged

I'm about to ramble. I'm feeling inspired enough to blog but not enough to put any effort into witty one-sided banter. I apologize in advance...read on if you want a boring, plodding update into my little world......but don't say I didn't warn you.

I unplugged this weekend. It felt good. Spent quality time with the trees, streams, rain, sun, stars and good friends. The key ingredients to my successful weekend included:

-kabobs
-whipped cream
-stargazing
-good and bad guitar playing
-morning rain and afternoon sun
-sleeping in
-winding trails

But apparently I missed some very important world news:

1.Susan Boyle did not win Britain's Got Talent, and has a mental breakdown. Which is too bad, because she seemed to be a shoe-in and I liked her. Hopefully she gets some kind of deal out of all the brouhaha she endured.

2. Reese Witherspoon is digging deep for her new role as a softball player. Goody - another over-paid actress does something for world peace.

3. Archie will be proposing to Veronica. Date the blonde, marry the brunette? Good thing my stylist is on speed-dial. Note to self - step it up and get those low-lites.

My weekend mailbox was full of surprises, mostly good ones. I say mostly, because bills are not surprises, right? I got new Fortune, Forbes and Sports Illustrated magazines (I subscribe to 6 different magazines in total, due to a very generous friend letting me use half of his airline miles). I also received a card from a friend, and more music from Kenny the Music Man. I'm now listening to some Viva Voce, and digging it very much. Thanks, KMac.

I went makeup free this weekend, and it was refreshing as hell. I think when you're lightly sunkissed, it makes up for the lack of foundation and blush and your mug doesn't look so barren. I might continue this trend into the work week - we'll see how this attitude fares at 8:00 tomorrow morning.

Another work week looms on the horizon. I should use another term besides "looms", as I like my job, and am happy to have one. I'll go with "shines". And since 4:30 a.m. is looming (correct verb in this instance), I guess I'll shut down this disappointing review.

I promise the next update will be more well-written. Spritely, even. And dare I say, entertaining?

No comments: