Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good start

It's a gorgeous day.

Got up early and went to the Soulard market to pick up some fruits and veggies. Then went cycling in my lovely city. Hardly a soul in sight - I guess St. Louis is the city that sleeps.

On the menu for dinner tonight, courtesy of said market:

-Black squidink linguine & tomato basil pepper linguine tossed in virgin olive oil and fresh dill

-grilled zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and green onions marinated in white wine and spices

-dessert: a fruit mix of black grapes, watermelon and strawberries with rosemary bread and organic lemon goat cheese from last week (so good - tastes like lemon cheesecake).

I took some pics on my way home from the market and during my bike ride...here are a few.

Soulard Market

Herbs!

Buy a duck!

Downtown from a distance

On Market Street, heart of downtown...

Do some of this today!

Oh yeah, and this...

No comments: