Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Justice? Nah, justice is for suckers...

I saw the founder of a former now-defunct charity riding around in his Porsche on Sunday morning.

I used to volunteer for this charity, and it raised money to help fund the fight against breast cancer. I believed in the cause, but not so much for some of the people who were involved. To be clear, most people who were involved were down for the cause, worked hard, had fun, but kept their hands to themselves. These were the people that made me excited to volunteer.

As for the the other folks involved, let's just say that it was like being in high school all over again - lewd behavior, affairs galore, indiscretions, and the founder was the skankiest perpetrator of all.

I stuck with it as long as I could, until the nastiness started to wear on me and I had to bow out. It was beginning to become an organization that I didn't want to be affiliated with, which made me sad because of all of the money they raised and good they did.

So, the founder came under fire in 2007 for a large amount of money (cash, folks, not checks) that went missing from one of the two large events they hosted yearly. He and one other person were in charge of counting this pile of cash in his kitchen, and somehow it went missing.

Somehow. Hmmmm. Wonder what happened?

Yeah, I wonder. Word was that the charity was "funding" his lifestyle, as was a certain married woman who was on the board.

After all was said and done, the charity disbanded, and the women that could have been helped by the funds raised by this group are the ones suffering.

And in the end, this douchebag gets to ride around town in his Porsche, continue to practice law, and have the time of his life.

I wished him a flat.

No comments: